I, as a member of the Society of Internationally Trained Engineers of British Columbia, promise to perform under a standard of professional behavior that requires adherence to the highest principles of ethical conduct. I fully understand and acknowledge that I:
- will use my knowledge and skills for the enhancement of human welfare and protection of environment.
- will be honest and impartial, and will serve with fidelity my employer, my clients, and the public.
- will constantly strive to increase the competence and prestige of internationally trained engineers in British Columbia and across Canada.
- will earnestly endeavor to aid and support the mission, objectives and work of the Society.
Relations With the Public
- will hold paramount safety, health, and welfare of the public and shall strive to comply with the principles of sustainable development in the performance of my professional duties.
- will ALWAYS act in such manner as to uphold and enhance the honor, integrity and dignity of SITE BC.
- will preface any public statements made by me on behalf of SITE BC.
Relations With Employers and Client
- will act in professional matter as a faithful agent or trustee for each employer or client and abstain from conflicts of interest and work within the boundaries of my knowledge and expertise.
- will build my professional reputation on the merit of my services and shall not compete unfairly with others.
- will not disclose information concerning the business affairs or technical processes of any present or former employer or client without his consent.
- will not accept compensation from more than one party for the same service without the consent of all parties.
Relation With Peers
- will take care that the credit for the work of others is given to those whom it is due.
- will continue my professional development and provide opportunities of professional development to those under my supervision.